If you want to move to Spain from the US or any other country, you have come to the right place! Welcome to Wagoners Abroad and all of our knowledge about getting a non lucrative visa Spain style! We know it can all be overwhelming planning a move and you will get years of experience within this page.
We have helped hundreds of people and families move to Spain, so this is the page for you to bookmark now!
This is the mother of all moving to Spain posts, so go ahead and save it to your favorites right now.
Okay, now that you have done that, read on.
We have been living in Spain a few years and have so many things to share with you. Keep on reading and we will show you tips for planning and preparation, as well as share our experiences about public education, banking, medical insurance and more. Oh and we can help you with obtaining your Spanish visa as well. We have helped so many people and families with making their dream to live in Spain, come true. Keep on reading and if you would like help, we offer consulting! (We can help you with the visa process, deciding where to live and more).
We have written many posts on how we obtained our Non Lucrative Residence Visa and were able to move to Spain. I thought it would be helpful to organize them all here for you. When looking for residency in Spain, there are several options for the Non EU citizens, specifically US Citizens, Canadian Citizens and Australian Citizens. Alan has written a very detailed and very affordable ebook to help you through the process of applying for the Non Lucrative Residence Visa for Spain. There are many other types of Spanish visa options available, but this is what worked for us.
With this visa, you need to prove that you are able to provide for you and your dependents financially as well as showing proof of medical insurance coverage. They want to be sure you aren’t going to take jobs from the locals as well as tap into the health care system. There are many other resident or long stay visas that may suit your needs better, but we haven’t been through that process ourselves. We have helped successfully coach many people/families through the Non Lucrative Residence Visa Application process, so don’t be shy with asking us questions. Check out our consulting services and fees.
Below I will list the articles we have written on our process for our initial Non Lucrative Residence Visa Application as well as the process for renewal. When you are approved for the Non Lucrative Residence Visa in Spain, the visa allows you into the country. You have a limited time to get your affairs in order and register with your local police station/ foreigners office. You will need to provide your lease and the visa paperwork provided to you by the consulate to apply for your actual resident card.
This resident card is valid for 1 year. After that time you may apply to renew up to two times for two years each. Each time you apply to renew, you again need to show proof of financial support as well as medical insurance coverage. We review the details of our experience for you via the links below. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- 1 Planning to drive in Spain?
- 2 Preparing to move to Spain or any place abroad
- 3 Moving Abroad? How To Select The Country, Town & Make The Move
- 4 Learning Spanish and Education in Spain
- 5 Planning to have kids attend School in Spain?
- 6 We Can Help with your VISA!
- 7 Initial Application Process for Non Lucrative Visa – Move to Spain
- 8 Once You Arrive and Set Up Residence for your move to Spain
- 9 Renewal Of Residence Card, Application for Non Lucrative Visa – Residence in Spain
- 10 MONEY! Cost of Living in Spain
- 11 Searching for rentals in Spain (apartments, villas, townhomes and more)
- 12 Move to Spain Consulting
- 13 Move to Spain Relocation Packages
- 14 Organized Tours
- 15 Where to Stay in Spain!
Planning to drive in Spain?
Check out our Driving in Spain ebook now!
Preparing to move to Spain or any place abroad
- How Can You Afford a Career Break? DREAMING (Gap Year, Sabbatical, etc)
- How did you choose to live in Spain?
- Moving Abroad? How To Select The Country, Town & Make The Move
- 9 Useful Tips for renting a car in Spain
- We think it is very important to plan a scoping trip to get a feel for the area.
- Preparing for the move abroad
- How Much Did It Cost To Live In Spain For 1 Year?
- 9 Must Follow Credit Card Tips – Chase Sapphire Preferred
- How To Sell on Craigslist – Declutter Your Life
- What will you do about education in Spain for your kids?
- Selling your home vs renting out, while living abroad?
- How did we adjust to downsizing from a 4500+ sq foot home to a 3 bed apartment?
- A post series on Spain Buddy featuring places to live in Spain.
No matter if you are moving abroad long-term, short-term or perhaps you are just going on vacation/holiday, these tips will apply to all. Check it out! Do you want to know what our first 500 days of living abroad was like? Are you curious about all of our family travel and exploration in Spain and many other countries?
Learning Spanish and Education in Spain
Planning to have kids attend School in Spain?
Check out our Education in Spain ebook now!
- Learning Spanish – The Tools We Use
- Heidi Immersed In A Spanish Conversation Course and More!
- Spanish Immersion La Alberca Spain – Watch The Most Vulnerable Moments!
- Spanish Immersion Ronda Spain – Alan- The Kick In The Pants I Needed
- Comparison of Primary School in USA and Spain
- What will you do about education in Spain for your kids?
- First day of school Anya’s thoughts
- First Day of Public Spanish School?
- Pass The Paper – The Odd Differences In Spanish Schools
- Education in our Spanish Public School – Tutoring
- Waka Waka Wagoner – how their public school is helping them learn Spanish
- How are the kids doing in school after their 1st trimester?
- 6 Months Living in Spain – What do the Kids Think?
- Nearly 10 Months Living in Spain – What do the Kids Think?
- 1 Year Attending School In Spain – What We Didn’t Tell You
- Hear The Kids Speak In Spanish -18 Months Living In Spain!
- Nearly Two Years Living In Spain – Thoughts From Anya and Lars
- Long Division Examples For Spain
We Can Help with your VISA!
We understand the entire process for applying for a Resident Visa can be completely overwhelming. Many people have successfully moved to Spain using all of the free information we have provided here. Others have opted to get our help and purchase our ebook to guide them through the entire process. This book is very detailed and will walk you through ever step of the process. We also include each of the US Consulates and their unique requirements, plus Canada. This is a huge time saver when it comes to tracking down all which is required for the visa. It puts it all on one easy to find place for you and prevents you wasting hours of time trying to scour the web.
This is well worth the low cost, with all of the time you will save. If you want even more help, from a simple skype conversation to full project management, we also offer consulting services. You can speak with us live to get those nagging questions answered. Feel free to contact us for more info or click on the book below.
Initial Application Process for Non Lucrative Visa – Move to Spain
- Doesn’t a US citizen need a visa to live in Spain? (Spanish Resident Visa)
- 10 Tips for Spanish Resident Visa Application – for the American Traveler
- Medical Insurance In Spain – For US Citizens (Non Lucrative Visa Application)
- Two big ticket items are crossed off of the To Do List (Spanish Visa + Flights)
- Where oh where is that Spanish non-lucrative resident visa?
- Spanish Resident Card Renewal Process
Once You Arrive and Set Up Residence for your move to Spain
- Tips For Getting Settled In Spain – Spanish Resident Card, Bank, Internet, School, Phones
- Spain Expat – Getting Settled check list
- Holiday in Spain? Not For Us, How To Choose Where To Live in Spain
- Where are we going to live in Spain?
- Where are we going to live? (Part 2)
- Where are we going to live? (Part 3 – Ta Da!)
- Our Budget for Living Abroad and Reality (First 4 months)
- >6 Months Living in Spain – What were we thinking?
- What is the Schengen Zone? Can I travel to other countries with the Spanish Resident Card?
- How to recycle in Spain
- The Kids adjusting to Expat Living
Renewal Of Residence Card,
Application for Non Lucrative Visa – Residence in Spain
- Our 1 Year In Spain Is Up – How Long Will We Stay?
- Spanish Resident Card Renewal Process – What is going on?
- Legality in Spain – We have been approved!
- Just in case you have a European heritage, you may not need a visa. You should also check out your other options on How To Get An EU Passport – Citizenship By Descent
MONEY! Cost of Living in Spain
This can not possibly represent the entire country, this is just what we have experienced in our town, with our lifestyle. Your life will be different! 🙂
- Cost Of Living In Spain – All Expenses Shared
- How Much Did It Cost To Live In Spain For 1 Year?
- Comparison of USA and Spain Cost Of Living (Show me the money $)
- The Cost of Everyday Things – Spain Food Costs
- Budget in Spain & Reality for our first 4 months
- Living Abroad Budget in Spain – Actual Spend (Months 5,6 & 7)
- Cost of Living in Spain Budget – Actual Spend (Months 8,9 &10)
- Way Over the Monthly Budget! – Actual Spend (Months 11,12 &13)
- Our Budget & Actual Spend (Months 14, 15 &16)
Searching for rentals in Spain (apartments, villas, townhomes and more)
Agencies will only show you what they have on hand and many people don’t list with an agency, so look at all options. Here are a few of the property search sites which have Spain holiday rentals as well as long-term and short-term rentals.
If you plan to visit Spain for more than 1 week or 1 month, you should be able to negotiate. Many times it is best to rent something for 1-2 weeks, this will allow you time to get to know the area while searching for your long-term rental. It is best to see properties in person, as some photos may be very outdated.
- Flipkey – click here for pricing and availability
- Booking – click here for availability and pricing
- A Variety of Hotels – click here for availability and pricing
- AirBnB – click here for availability and pricing
Are you planning to move to visit Spain? We have a wealth of information available to you for free! Click on an image below.
This ebook is your step by step guide to obtaining a Spanish non lucrative Visa or retirement visa to Live In Spain. We offer time and money saving Tips and Tricks for the non lucrative visa for Spanish Residency.
Move to Spain Consulting
If you want a quick answer or someone to speak with, we also offer consulting. Check out our Spain non lucrative visa consulting page now, for our latest offers!
Move to Spain Relocation Packages
From relocation planning and visa application, to residency and getting settled, we offer our expertise and knowledgeable advice. We can help you with your move to Spain with children or without. We also offer custom packages for your move to Costa Tropical. Click here tor read more about our relocation to Spain packages.
Sign up for the Wagoners Abroad Newsletter and for a limited time, receive your free ebook “Experience Spain – Getting Started With Spain Facts and Information”.
There are also many organized tours for you to enjoy from being active on walking or biking tour, to enjoying a food or wine tour. There is so much to do and Viator has so many great offers for you. Click here to see their latest Spain Deals!
Where to Stay in Spain!
We have the best Spain holiday rentals here:
- Apartments & Villas – click here for deals
- Apartments, Villas, & more – click here for availability and pricing (Some have long-term rental pricing as well)
- Apartments, Hotels & more – click here for availability and pricing
Property Owners: you may list your holiday property or room rental for free!
Pin me for later!