If you want to move to Spain from the US or any other country, you have come to the right place! Welcome to Wagoners Abroad Spain Travel Blog. We have plenty of knowledge about getting a non lucrative visa Spain, as well as living in Spain for more than 6 years! It can all be overwhelming planning a move to Spain and you will get years of experience from this page and our blog.
We think Spain is one of the best places to live for families! Of course we have our opinion and chose it as the country to raise a family, but you will have to see if it is a fit for yours.
After all, we’ve helped hundreds of people / families move to Spain! Especially with the Spanish non lucrative visa for Americans.
This is the mother of all moving to Spain posts, so go ahead and save it to your favorites right now.
Okay, now that you have done that, read on.
Living in Spain as Americans has been a dream come true. Keep on reading and we will help you with how to move to Spain and obtain that Spain non lucrative visa. With tips for planning and preparation for your move to Spain, as well as our experiences about public education, banking, housing, road trips, medical insurance and more. Oh and we can help you with obtaining your Spanish non lucrative visa as well. We have helped so many people and families with making their dream to live in Spain, come true. Keep on reading and if you would like help, we offer consulting! (We can help you with the visa process, deciding where to live and more).
Moving to Spain from the US or any other country!
Of course, we focus on Americans moving to Spain, but most of the information will apply to any other Non-EU citizens. There is also general information on how to move to Spain, which is great for anyone!
So you won’t have trouble finding our various posts on how we obtained our Spanish Non Lucrative Visa and how we were able to move to Spain, I thought it would be helpful to organize them all here for you. When looking for residency in Spain, there are several options for the Non EU citizens, specifically US Citizens, Canadian Citizens and Australian Citizens. Alan has written a very detailed and very affordable ebook to help you through the process of how to apply for the Non Lucrative Visa Spain. There are many other types of Spanish visa options available, but this is what worked for us.
How can a US citizen move to Spain?
With this Spain non lucrative visa, you need to prove that you are able to provide for you and your dependents financially as well as showing proof of medical insurance coverage. They want to be sure you aren’t going to take jobs from the locals as well as tap into the health care system. There are many other resident or long stay visas that may suit your needs better, but we haven’t been through that process ourselves. We have helped successfully coach many people/families through the Spain Non Lucrative Visa Application process, so don’t be shy with asking us questions. Check out our consulting services and fees.
Below I will list the articles we have written on our process for our initial Non Lucrative Spanish Visa Application as well as the process for renewal. When you are approved for the Non Lucrative Residence Visa Spain, the visa allows you into the country. You have a limited time to get your affairs in order and register with your local police station/ foreigners office. You will need to provide your lease and the visa paperwork provided to you by the consulate to apply for your actual resident card.
This resident card is valid for 1 year. After that time you may apply to renew up to two times for two years each. Each time you apply to renew, you again need to show proof of financial support as well as medical insurance coverage. We review the details of our experience for you via the links below. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- This is the mother of all moving to Spain posts, so go ahead and save it to your favorites right now.
- Moving to Spain from the US or any other country!
- How can a US citizen move to Spain?
- Even more…
- Planning to drive in Spain?
- How to move to Spain from US or any place abroad
- Moving to Spain as American? How To Select The Country, Town & Make The Move
- Learning Spanish and Education in Spain
- Planning to have kids attend School in Spain?
- Homeschooling in Spain – This is what we know…
- The Most Common Moving to Spain from US Questions
- How to apply for the non lucrative Spanish visa?
- Do US citizens need a visa for Spain?
- We Can Help with your Spanish visa!
- How To Apply For Non Lucrative Visa Spain Requirements & Renewal Process
- More info on getting your Non Lucrative Visa Spain or Spain Retirement Visa Here
- Initial Application Process for Spain Non Lucrative Visa or Spain Retirement Visa Above all, it’s easy to Move to Spain!
- Expert tips for prep before the move and Once You Arrive for your move to Spain
- Renewal of Spanish non lucrative Visa, Application for Non Lucrative Spanish Visa for Residence in Spain
- MONEY! Cost of Living in Spain
- A local’s Guide to Tipping in Spain?
- Searching for rentals in Spain (apartments, villas, townhomes and more)
- Shorter stays
- Move to Spain Consulting
- Move to Spain Relocation Packages
- WAGONERS ABROAD PUBLICATIONS
- Organized Tours
- Getting Around Europe
Planning to drive in Spain?
Check out our Driving in Spain ebook now!
How to move to Spain from US or any place abroad
- How Can You Afford a Career Break? DREAMING (Gap Year, Sabbatical, etc)
- Moving Abroad? How To Select The Country, Town & Make The Move
- 9 Useful Tips for renting a car in Spain
- We think it is very important to plan a scoping trip to get a feel for the area.
- How Much Did It Cost To Live In Spain For 1 Year?
- 9 Must Follow Credit Card Tips – Chase Sapphire Preferred
- How To Sell on Craigslist – Declutter Your Life
- What will you do about education in Spain for your kids?
- Selling your home vs renting out, while living abroad?
- How did we adjust to downsizing from a 4500+ sq foot home to a 3 bed apartment?
- A post series on Spain Buddy featuring places to live in Spain.
No matter if you are moving abroad long-term, short-term or perhaps you are just going on vacation/holiday, these tips will apply to all. Check it out! Do you want to know what our first 500 days of living abroad was like? Are you curious about all of our family travel and exploration in Spain and many other countries? Let us help you with all of our information with where to live in Spain!
There are so many amazing places to live in Spain, but we chose Costa Tropical. Therefore, we have quite a bit of information on why we feel Almuñécar is the best place to live in Spain. Of course this is our opinion and it may not be perfect for everyone else. If you need help choosing where to live in Spain, we can help. We have traveled to every province and just about every major city. So if you are looking for typical Spanish locations or something with expats in Spain, we can help you out! As a rusult, you may find out Spain relocation packages helpful or just a la carte consulting.
Learning Spanish and Education in Spain
Planning to have kids attend School in Spain?
Check out our Education in Spain ebook now!
- Learning Spanish – The Tools We Use
- Spanish Immersion La Alberca Spain – Watch The Most Vulnerable Moments!
- Spanish Immersion Ronda Spain – Alan- The Kick In The Pants I Needed
- This is always high on the FAQ’s, What will you do about education in Spain for your kids?
- First day of school Anya’s thoughts
- First Day of Public Spanish School?
- Pass The Paper – The Odd Differences In Spanish Schools
- Waka Waka Wagoner – how their public school is helping them learn Spanish
- How are the kids doing in school after their 1st trimester?
- 6 Months Living in Spain – What do the Kids Think?
- Nearly 10 Months Living in Spain – What do the Kids Think?
- 1 Year at Public School In Spain – What We Didn’t Tell You
- Hear The Kids Speak In Spanish -18 Months Living In Spain!
- Nearly Two Years Living In Spain – Thoughts From Anya and Lars
- If you are planning on doing any math, you will want to read all about the Long Division Examples For Spain
Homeschooling in Spain – This is what we know…
The Most Common Moving to Spain from US Questions
How to apply for the non lucrative Spanish visa?
Do US citizens need a visa for Spain?
We Can Help with your Spanish visa!
We understand the entire process to apply for a non lucrative Spanish visa and know it can be completely overwhelming. Many people have successfully moved to Spain from the US using all of the free information we have provided here. Others have opted to get our help and take advantage of our expertise. We have been through it and helped hundreds of others through the process. All of this via our expertise with voice or email consulting, our selection of ebooks, which will guide you through the entire process.
Our books are very detailed and will walk you through ever step of the process. We also include each of the US Consulates and their unique requirements, plus Canada. This is a huge time saver when it comes to tracking down all which is required for the visa. It puts it all on one easy to find place for you and prevents you wasting hours of time trying to scour the web.
How To Apply For Non Lucrative Visa Spain Requirements & Renewal Process
This is well worth the low cost, with all of the time you will save. If you want even more help, from a simple skype conversation to full project management, we also offer consulting services. You can speak with us live to get those nagging questions answered. Feel free to contact us for more info or click on the book below.
Initial Application Process for Spain Non Lucrative Visa or Spain Retirement Visa
Above all, it’s easy to Move to Spain!
- Doesn’t a US citizen need a visa to live in Spain? (Spanish Resident Visa)
- 10 Tips for Spanish Resident Visa Application – Americans moving to Spain
- Healthcare in Spain is a big concern for many, we review several options for Medical Insurance In Spain – For US Citizens (Non Lucrative Visa Application)
- Two big ticket items are crossed off of the To Do List (Spanish Visa + Flights). Oh what a relief!
- Where oh where is that Spanish non-lucrative resident visa?
- Spanish Resident Card Renewal Process
Expert tips for prep before the move and Once You Arrive for your move to Spain
- Tips For Getting Settled In Spain – Spanish Resident Card, Bank, Internet, School, Phones
- This was a 3 part process for us, so we will share it all with you and cover the big question of Where are we going to live in Spain?
- This is part two and we keep on providing more informaiton! Where are we going to live? (Part 2)
- This is it! We’ve decided! Where are we going to live? (Part 3 – Ta Da!)
- All of our expenses are shared with you, to help provide you with a data point to plan your trip. Here is Our Budget for Living in Spain and Reality (First 4 months)
- 6 Months Living in Spain – What were we thinking?
- Do you want to know where you can travel effortlessly? What is the Schengen Zone? Can I travel to other countries with the Spanish Resident Card?
- This is a great one if you are moving to Spain with kids! The Kids adjusting to Expat Living
Renewal of Spanish non lucrative Visa,
Application for Non Lucrative Spanish Visa for Residence in Spain
- Our 1 Year In Spain Is Up – How Long Will We Stay?
- Legality in Spain – We have been approved!
- Just in case you have a European heritage, you may not need a visa. You should also check out your other options on How To Get An EU Passport – Citizenship By Descent
- The process to be a resident in Spain, the first five years as an American living in Spain.
The full non lucrative visa renewal process in our eBook. Read more here.
MONEY! Cost of Living in Spain
This can not possibly represent the entire country, this is just what we have experienced in our town, with our lifestyle. We share our cost to live in Spain, every detail for the first 16 months! Your life will be different! 🙂
- Cost Of Living In Spain – All Expenses Shared
- How Much Did It Cost To Live In Spain For 1 Year?
- Comparison of USA and Spain Cost Of Living (Show me the money $)
- The Cost of Everyday Things – Spain Food Costs
- Budget in Spain & Reality for our first 4 months
- Living Abroad – Budget for living in Spain – Actual Spend (Months 5,6 & 7)
- Cost of Living in Spain Budget – Actual Spend (Months 8,9 &10)
- Way Over the Monthly Budget! – Actual Spend (Months 11,12 &13)
- Our Budget & Actual Spend (Months 14, 15 &16)
- This is a tricky FAQ to answer Do you tip in Spain?
A local’s Guide to Tipping in Spain?
Searching for rentals in Spain (apartments, villas, townhomes and more)
If you don’t know where to live in Spain, do your research in advance. And if possible go on a scoping trip. When working with agencies, they will only show you what they have on hand and many people don’t list with an agency, so look at all options. It is likely one house is listed with many different agencies, so look around and find the best price. Here are a few of the property search sites which have Spain holiday rentals as well as long-term and short-term rentals.
If you plan to visit Spain for more than 1 week or 1 month, you should be able to negotiate. Many times it is best to rent something for 1-2 weeks, this will allow you time to get to know the area while searching for your long-term rental. Besides, it’s best to see properties in person, as some photos may be very outdated.
- Flipkey – click here for pricing and availability, with so many great places to choose from, including apartments and homes.
- Booking – click here for availability and pricing. This covers it all from hotels to hostals and even apartments too. Our favorite in Europe!
- A Variety of Hotels – click here for availability and pricing. Sometimes you just want a hotel and you are sure to find great deals here.
- AirBnB – click here for availability and pricing. We have had mixed experiences with this, but it is nice to have extra space in an apartment or home.
- Kyero is a great tool to use when searching for longer term apartments or homes in Spain.
- Pisos is also another popular site for your apartment search.
If you aren’t planning to move Spain, but instead want to visit Spain? We have a wealth of information available to you for free! Click on an image below.
This ebook is your step by step guide to obtaining a Spanish non lucrative Visa or retirement visa to Live In Spain. We offer time and money saving Tips and Tricks for the non lucrative visa for Spanish Residency.
Move to Spain Consulting
If you want a quick answer or someone to speak with, we also offer consulting. Check out our Spain non lucrative visa consulting page now, for our latest offers!
Move to Spain Relocation Packages
From relocation planning and the Spanish non lucrative visa application, to residency and getting settled, we offer our expertise and knowledgeable advice. We can help you with your move to Spain with children or without. Most importantly, we offer custom packages for your move to Costa Tropical.
Click here tor read more about our relocation to Spain packages.
Much more information is available on the Non Lucrative Residence Visa Spain (Application, Getting Settled, Renewal, Driving and Education) in our Wagoners Abroad publications.
WAGONERS ABROAD PUBLICATIONS
Disclosure: Some links presented on this page are affiliate links, for which we will receive a small % of commission if you purchase something. This is always at no extra cost to you.
Sign up for the Wagoners Abroad Newsletter and for a limited time, receive your free ebook “Experience Spain – Getting Started With Spain Facts and Information”.
Look at all of the organized tours for you to enjoy from being active on walking or biking tour, to enjoying a food or wine tour. Viator offers so much to do and has so many great offers for you. Click here to see their latest Spain Deals!
Getting Around Europe
- Train – If you are wanting to explore Europe via train, Click here for Europe Rail deals.
- Bus – There are many options for comfort levels and bus options, you may click here to Discover Europe by Bus
Using public transportation in Europe
It is ver easy to make your way around Europe using trains, planes and buses. There are several different options for each mode of transportation. Therefore, the best way to view all options is to check with Go Euro. They will seek out the best way for you to get from one place to another and then you may filter, but fastest, cheapest, shortest, and so on. You can look between the different modes of transportation and see which works best for your schedule. Click the image to begin your search.
Where to Stay in Spain!
We have the best Spain holiday rentals here:
- Apartments & Villas – click here for deals just an option to check out some good deals on apartments and villas.
- Apartments, Villas, & more – click here for availability and pricing (Some have long-term rental pricing as well)
- Apartments, Hotels & more – click here for availability and pricing
Property Owners: you may list your holiday property or room rental for free!
Pin me for later!