This time it is all on the line for me, with my Spanish Immersion experience. I am sharing far more than I have ever been comfortable sharing with all of you, so I will admit I was a little nervous hitting that publish button. This time my experience and performance is all captured on video, and guess what you can watch it below!
As you know I completed a 2 week program with Pueblo Español and I wrote all about it. (hop on over and read it here)
What do I feel most vulnerable about?
I am just going to get it all out in the open right here and now, so I don’t have to brave any comments or judgements. Apparently I am a little more soft-spoken when I am speaking in Spanish, so that is likely because I am less confident. Especially when it comes to giving presentations in front of the group. In time it will all get better, so I know that. It is still tough allowing the world to see and hear me.
My second thing is I haven’t been completely on video in many years. I am usually in control of the filming and editing, thus I am in control of how much of my body is shown. Well in these videos, there were others taking videos and exposed far more than I would like.
Okay now that i have all of that off of my chest, it is time for the video!
Watch the Video of my Spanish Immersion Experience!
I am going to warn you it is a very long video, but I wanted to share as much as I could with you. This is just in case you are considering immersing in a Spanish conversation course with Pueblo Español too. The video is a mix of me speaking Spanish and English and it is about 15 minutes long. I will lay out a timeline below, just in case you want to jump to a certain part.
I have some video journals, skits, activities, tours and presentations. I cut many of the items short, just to give you a feel. My final presentation on the second to the last day was over 10 minutes long, I think I just shared a few minutes with you.
- 00:09 Journal in English about 4 day prep class (Monday – Thursday)
- 02:45 Journal in Spanish about 4 day prep class
- 03:53 Journal in English about 2nd day of immersion (Saturday)
- 05:09 Journal in English about 4th day of immersion (Monday)
- 06:13 Journal in English/Spanish about 5th day of immersion (Tuesday)
- 07:45 La Alberca Town and Hotel Doña Teresa room
- 08:25 La Alberca Corpus Christi Festival in town
- 08:45 Impromptu activity – presenting Grand Canyon & Southwest
students created a tourist promotion for home country
- 09:10 Spanish Volunteer presentation by Angela
- 09:20 1/2 day Excursion to Salamanca
- 09:31 Impromptu Skit – I am so soft-spoken, because I don’t like this stuff
- 09:52 My final presentation – “my life with napkins” (Thursday)
I had 10 points, but I share 3 with you.
- 13:40 Final Dinner and Dancing (Thursday night)
Heidi’s Journey to learning Spanish
Read all about my journey learning Spanish and my goal of attending the 1-week Spanish conversation course with Pueblo Español.
- What Happened To Speaking Spanish? Expat Confessions
- This Will Make You Understand The Path To Speaking Spanish
- Learning Spanish – Alan & Heidi Speak!
- Speaking Spanish Update: After 4 Months Of Studying
- YIKES! Heidi’s Going To Pueblo Español!
More info about DIVERBO PUEBLO ESPAÑOL
Address: Calle Orense 4, 7th floor. 28020 Madrid, Spain.
Phone: +34 913 913 400
Please tell them Wagoners Abroad sent you!
Pin me for later!
Have you experienced or thought about doing Spanish immersion? Tell us all about it!