Finally the digital nomad visa Spain is on the way in 2023! This option will allow foreigners to work remotely in Spain, with some tax breaks too.
As I have lived in Spain since 2012, I know how great it is to benefit from the lifestyle and proximity to so many amazing cultures. Spain can be a very affordable place to live and the people are so kind as well. You have it all, from mountains and farms, to the sun and the sea!
Spain Digital Nomad Spain Visa Requirements
The official bulletin of approval was released in December 2022. The requirements are still being worked out and should be finalized in early 2023. At the moment, we hear they should be released in March. Some lawyers are accepting clients and submitting, based on the information currently available, but it may not be the final requirements. Below is what is penciled in, at the moment.
Non EU citizens will now be able to work remotely! This includes Americans and UK citizens working in Spain.
- Must be a citizen outside of the European Economic Area
- Proof of sufficient income (it will be somewhere between €2,000 and €3,000/ month)
- Spanish Health Insurance for visa Coverage
- Criminal background check
- No more than 20% of your client base may be located in Spain
- Proof you have worked remotely for a minimum of 1 year by a non Spanish Company (either freelance or with a contract)
- Proof your work may continue to be done remotely
- If you are working for an employer you will need to show you are under contract for a minimum of 3 months and you are allowed to work remotely.
- If you are a freelance working, you must show you have a minimum of one client based outside of Spain, showing your terms and conditions allowing you to work remotely.
- Various application forms
Can I bring my family with me?
At the moment it is looking as if dependents may come along, providing you meet the requirements. This would include your spouse, children, or dependent parents.
Can I change from the Non Lucrative Visa to the Digital Nomad Spain Visa?
You may apply for the digital nomad visa, providing you meet all of the requirements.
Where do I apply for the Spain Digital Nomad Visa?
You may apply for the Spain digital nomad visa from within Spain. You may enter the country on the 90 day Schengen visa and apply while in country. It is best to review all of the requirements prior to your arrival and be sure you have your paperwork ready to go.
Will Wagoners Abroad be offering consulting for the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa?
We do anticipate that we will offer services assisting with the Digital Nomad Visa.
More info coming soon!
Online Spanish Lessons!
Remote Spanish lessons for all levels, with a native Spanish speaker. Schedule your free 30-minute introductory class.
Let Me Help
Create Your Dream Life or Vacation!
My name is Heidi Wagoner and our family moved to Spain in 2012. We created a business and have helped hundreds of people move to Spain, visit Spain, and travel Europe. As a consultant I can help with moving to Spain, the Spanish non-lucrative visa, the digital nomad visa Spain, the TIE and more. As a travel agent, I can book special holidays for you.