I love the colors of Almuñécar, Spain every month seems to have a new delight in store for us. The entire month of January the streets, homes and hillsides have been sprinkled with orange! Most of it is just eye candy, but sometimes there is an edible treat within your reach.
There are lovely vines with orange flowers everywhere. I have no clue what they are, but it can just take your breath away. No matter where you are in town, you will see these flowers. Many homes are white, so this really makes the vines pop out.
Edit (by Alan):
I found out the flower is called Mexican Flame Vine (Pyrostegia venusta)
It’s not just about flowers!
The best part about walking around town or down any side street you will see orange trees everywhere. The general rule is, if it falls on the ground it is fair game. I must say that the trees are pretty light on the oranges that are within arms reach. Whether you get some of these beauties right from the tree or if you buy them from the market, they make good eats.
Alan and Lars just can’t get enough of fresh OJ (Zumo de Naranja).
Other “Do you see what I see?” posts
- Do you see what I see? (Paragliding – La Herradura, Spain)
- Do you see what I see? (Terrace Envy)
- Do you see what I see? (Off in the distance)
There are also many organized tours for you to enjoy from being active on walking or biking tour, to enjoying a food or wine tour. There is so much to do and Viator has so many great offers for you. Click here to see their latest Malaga Deals!
Where to Stay in Costa Tropical
We have the best Spain holiday rentals here:
- Apartments & Villas – click here for deals (Over 2000 listings for the area)
- Apartments, Villas, & more – click here for availability and pricing (Over 1000 listings, some have long-term rental pricing as well)
- Apartments, Hotels & more – click here for availability and pricing
Property Owners: you may list your holiday property or room rental for free!