Visiting cities like Barcelona, which are filled with extreme art and culture with kids can be really exhausting. Kids typically do not always find visiting museums, churches, or architecturally advanced structures amusing and hence, can be hard to please. Therefore, if you’re travelling to this magnificent city with children, it is important to plan ahead, places, or attractions which will be fun for them. We think this is one of the friendliest cities on earth, so getting around with kids should be not so difficult!
photo credit: vgm8383 via photopin cc
The city of Barcelona has an excellent transportation system; so traveling with children from one place to another won’t be cumbersome. In fact, the city also boasts a cable car, tramway, and a funicular train. However, if you and your kids are a little more adventurous, then renting a bike is a great way to get around. You will find several bike paths in and around the city of Barcelona.
Attractions that Kids will Love
- La Rambla – La Rambla is the most popular place in Barcelona. It is filled with street vendors, entertainers, flamenco dancers, and a live bird fair. This place is an absolute blast for children. The various entertainers and burst of colors in the open air market will give kids a touch of Spanish culture and keep them from getting bored.
- Aquarium Barcelona – Located in Port Vell, the facility boasts 35 aquariums which house almost 11,000 animals of approximately 450 species. The facility also includes 80 meters of underwater tunnel which is quite mesmerizing and fun-tastic for children. Photo credit: disordenycaos via photopin cc
- Magic Fountain of Montjuic – Located near the Plaça d’Espanya, the magic fountain hosts light and music performances on film, classic and modern music from movies like Gladiator, The Godfather, and The Lord of the Rings.
- Museu de la Xocolata – If your children freak about visiting a museum, here’s your chance to make them think otherwise. This museum is a museum of Chocolate, and has various amazing sculptures made out of chocolate which will blow your children’s minds. It also represents the history of chocolate – how it came to be made and eaten. Later, you can amuse your children with a sweet treat from the café.
- Barcelona Zoo – Famous as it was the home of Snowflake, the albino gorilla, Barcelona Zoo exhibits a grand variety of animal species in sections of terrarium, small primates, and so many more. This wide variety of animals can be useful in broadening the spectrum of knowledge for kids.
Photo credit: photographerglen via photopin cc
There are also many organized tours for you to enjoy from being active on walking or biking tour, to enjoying a food or wine tour. There is so much to do and Viator has so many great offers for you. Click here to see their latest Barcelona Deals!
When it’s time to call it a night
Apart from the above attractions, you can always take your kids for some fun at the gorgeous beaches of Barcelona. While traveling with kids, important to find accommodation which is not too secluded from the local attractions. Your accommodation should have easy access to restaurants, cafés, etc.
We also recommend reading what Mar has to say about Barcelona. She shares info about a day out of Barcelona, touring cava Llopart. Obviously the kids can’t drink, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be fun. We’ve taken our kids tasting with us many times.
We have the best Barcelona holiday rentals here:
- Apartments – There are some great deals for cheap accommodation in Barcelona with OK-Apartment
- Apartments & Villas – click here for deals (Over 6000 listings for the area)
- Apartments, Villas, & more – click here for availability and pricing (Over 2000 listings, some have long-term rental pricing as well)
- Apartments, Hotels & more – click here for availability and pricing
Property Owners: you may list your holiday property or room rental for free!