Mixed feelings of excitement and anxiety run through your mind because planning for a family road trip is never as simple as it seems. However, a prep list is the key to turning that chaos of planning into a stress-free cruise filled with comfort.
First, plan to get everything in order before you leave so that you may enjoy your trip worry-free and get the most out of it. Other than exploring, the main aim of planning a road trip is to have the ultimate relaxation and fun and this is only achievable with proper planning. So how do you even start planning?
Road trip budgeting
The Cost of road trip can be broken down into gas, lodging or camping, activities and food. Work out estimates for gas cost by taking into account the total mileage you’ll cover, the vehicle’s miles per gallon and the current fuel cost. Lodging or camping cost depends on the duration for your trip. With food cost, take into account the number of people and the number of days of the journey. For the activity fees, include the extra costs such as guide fees, entrance fees, trail permits and other services.
Mode of transportation
It wouldn’t be known as a ‘road trip’ if you traveled by air, right? Although there is no one specific brand of car that is used for road trips, you need to consider a few pertinent factors that will ultimately help you decide on which car to use for your journey. For example, if it is a family trip you will need a car that can accommodate everyone comfortably. If it is a one-man journey, a small car will do. Also, you need to make sure that the seats are comfortable, since you will be on the road for long hours and that it has adequate room for your luggage.
Some cars are sporty while others offer features, utility, range and capacities that will make your trip as incredible as your destination. Check here for tip on renting a car in Spain.
Spain is among the top most popular tour destinations worldwide. With so much to explore from relaxation on the sun-kissed sandy beaches to leisure walks through the phenomenal countryside. You can experience both ancient and present-day monuments, constructed by renowned artists and architects, or the lush and green fishing villages in the north. Who would miss out on a trip to Spain? With so many breathtaking places to visit, it’s an iconic country that you must dash to and experience. Spain has tons of unraveled treasures and off the beaten paths domains that is mind-blowing.
Road trip packing List
Here is a list of useful road trip hacks and essential tips for your road trip preparation:
- Luggage carriers. Duffle bags are great for road trips since they are easy to stack and compress into any car organization you need. If you are a bigger family, a wheeled-suitcase will do. Do not forget to have a small tote bag or backpack that you can carry on your seats for easy access for snacks and activities.
- Dress-code. Dress in loose and comfortable clothing. Take into account the weather when deciding on which clothes to bring for your trip.
- Finger–bites. Having your own snacks from home is more cost-effective as opposed to purchasing them at a gas station. Stock up on healthy options such as veggies, nuts, freeze-dried fruit and nature bars. Do not forget your water as well as hydration tablets.
- Games and music. Although your smart phone is a great diversion, it would be more fun to engage everyone in the car on a game. Pack some creative games and upbeat tunes to keep you awake. Here are some of our favorite road trip games.
- Navigation and safety. GPS is very important when navigating unfamiliar territory. First aid kit and emergency road assistance kit on the other hand is useful for emergencies. If possible, go ahead and buy travel insurance before you leave.
- Phone chargers/Anker battery pack. It is so easy for your phone to get drained off power by music and maps when you are on the road. That’s when the anker battery pack comes in-handy.
With proper planning, everything else seems effortless. You need to consider all factors when planning in order for you to enjoy a successful, stress-free adventure. Do not forget to bring a present or gift with you either for your loved-ones at home or as a souvenir of the special places you visited.