Notice: Undefined index: exclude_cat_ids in /home4/awagoner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/old-to-new-agoda-link-converter/agoda.php on line 180
Notice: Undefined index: disable_keyword_conversion in /home4/awagoner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/old-to-new-agoda-link-converter/agoda.php on line 198
Singapore is a wonderful place to visit, as it is so clean and organized. That does however come at a price, so be a bit prepared for a little sticker shock, as Singapore is expensive. That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the country for a little bit. We had a wonderful 48 hours in Singapore with kids. We want to share what we have learned with you so you can get ideas of things to do in Singapore with kids and a couple of options on where to stay.
Singapore is a bustling cosmopolitan city that offers a world-class living environment, with her landscape populated by high-rise buildings and gardens. One interesting facet you’ll discover about Singapore is that it’s a collage of cultures, where people of different ethnicities and beliefs coexist. Besides a vibrant multicultural experience, there’s more you can discover about Singapore.
Things To Do In Singapore With Kids
- Universal Studios Singapore (known locally as USS) –
Located on RW Sentosa Island. Without fail, this will be a family favorite. So many rides, activities and food options for the entire day. Don’t forget about the Adventure Cove next door for your water park experience. Read more about Universal Studios Singapore Visitor Info
- SEA Aquarium –
Located on RW Sentosa Island (SEA Aquarium Visitor Info)
We are water and sea people, so when we visit an aquarium we are loving it! This place was absolutely amazing and my all-time favorite was the Jellyfish display as well as the huge aquarium. I wish we had planned more in advance to do a dive there. Read more about our visit here.
- Trick Eye Museum –
Located on RW Sentosa Island just as you walk across the bridge. This place is full of 2D paintings on the museum walls, floors and ceilings appear to pop out of the surface and come to life. Visitors are more than welcome to explore the various themed galleries with their eyes, hands and even cameras. Step inside the paintings to complete a visual narrative with your creative poses, and watch a “tricky” story unfold before your camera. Read more on the Trick Eye Museum Singapore.
- VivoCity (A huge shopping mall and more) This place has it all, so if you find it is too hot outside or the heavy rains have arrived, this is a great indoor option.
You not only have air conditioning, but you will stay dry as well. There are loads of activities for the family here with a big playground, outdoor water play area, the cinema and more. Don’t forget you have just about every dining option you can think of as well. It is located directly above an MRT stop and just across the bridge from RW Sentosa Island (USS and Aquarium). More info on VivoCity
- River Safari –
We didn’t have time to check out the river safari, but it was on our list of things to do. It is located just outside of the city center and there is loads to do in the area. This is not only fun, but very educational. Check out their website.
- Eating Local – Make sure you take the time to try some of the local food. It is worth stepping out of your comfort zone.
We had to stop by for a free sample of the candied pork, each time we passed.
- Singapore Flyer –
The Singapore Flyer is fun for everyone, if you don’t mind heights. We didn’t have time to ride on the day we stopped by, as there was a bit of a line and we were on a time crunch. If you purchase the Singapore Tourist Pass, there is an option to have this included in your purchase price.
- Duck Tours –
I have always wanted to try one of these and it looks like we will wait a bit longer still. These are great options for cities such as Singapore with both land and water to see the sights.
- Explore via the MRT –
We purchased the Singapore Tourist Pass and enjoyed unlimited travel around the city. This was perfect for us, as we had limited time and so much to see. They offer 1, 2 or 3 day passes and you also have the option to have attractions included in your card fee. There is a $10 deposit for the card and once you return the plastic card, you will be reimbursed. Do note these are only sold and accepted for return in certain stations for limited hours each day. Please refer to their website for more details.
- Thanks to our readers, here are more options: Singapore art museum kids section and the botanic gardens.
There are also many organized tours for you to enjoy from being active on walking or biking tour, to enjoying a food or wine tour. There is so much to do and Viator has so many great offers for you. Click here to see their latest Singapore Deals!
Places To Stay In Singapore With Kids
- Grand Copthorne Waterfront – Overlooking the historic Singapore River, Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore is a premier upscale conference hotel where luxurious elegance and contemporary style go hand in hand.
Check prices & availability
- Resorts World Sentosa – Beach Villas – Located in Sentosa, Resorts World Sentosa – Beach Villas is merely seven kilometers away from the city center. Check prices & availability
- Copthorne King’s Hotel – With a coveted site along the historic and picturesque Singapore River, Copthorne King’s Hotel Singapore enjoys a central location in the heart of this cosmopolitan city. Check prices & availability
- Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel – right near the SEA Aquarium and Universal Studios. Check prices & availability
- Champion Hotel – Well-situated for all types of transport, Champion Hotel is an ideal base for guests to travel around the city. The airport can be reached within 15 minutes. Check prices & availability
- Inn at Temple Street Hotel – The Inn at Temple Street Hotel is conveniently located within the central business district, 20 minutes from Changi International Airport, and within easy reach of Raffles Place and the Orchard Road shopping and entertainment district. Check prices & availability
- RELC International Hotel offers an excellent location for both business and leisure travelers to this island nation. Just minutes from the famed Orchard Road, guests are surrounded by shops and dining venues. Check prices & availability
- V Hotel Lavender – A great place to stay in Singapore, this hotel boasts its 888 modernly furnished rooms located right in the city center, creating comfort and convenience for its guests. Check prices & availability
- Resorts World Sentosa – Hard Rock Hotel – Experience the one and only accommodation that offers you a sleek, contemporary design and fashionable dining options at Resorts World Sentosa – Hard Rock Hotel. Check prices & availability
Discolsure: We worked with YourSingapore on a couple of the activities, the remainder were covered by us. All opninions are our own.