Our latest eBook, Education In Spain is now live!
Everything you need to know about the schools in Spain
Over the course of the past 4+ years, we’ve had many parents ask us questions about how we educated our kids in Spain. Through our consulting and through this blog, many of you have submitted some excellent questions about how the Spanish Education System works. Since it’s such a popular topic I decided to write an eBook. As I was writing it, I couldn’t help exclaim:
Wow! I wish we would have had this book before we moved to Spain!
What Does It Cover?
The book covers all manner of topics related to how the education system works here in Spain. It describes the schooling from PreK – High School. So if you’re planning on relocating to Spain with children, this is the book for you.
These are just a few of the useful topics described:
- The hierarchy of the education system starting with PreK, and ending with the equivalent of High School. Did you know there’s no such thing as Middle School in Spain?
- Common education-related words and phrases and their pronunciation. You may be a foreigner, but you don’t have to sound like one.
- The process for registering children in school. It’s not as straightforward as you might think.
This book will be useful to any parent wanting to understand what to expect. In fact, there is a chapter called Setting Your Expectations. Setting the proper expectations for you and your child is so important. And you can start setting those expectations before you move!
With so many parents asking us questions, it’s funny how one question leads to 4, 5, or 20 more! And guess what? The chapter Spanish Schools – Q&A has many of the most common questions parents (and kids) ask. Here are a few:
- What types of schools are there? There’s basically four, and they range from free to Ka-ching! Which one is right for you?
- How long is the average Spanish school day? It can be short, medium, or long, depending on the school.
- How are the grade levels organized? It’s pretty easy, but I explain the equivalencies between the schools in Spain, and those in the U.S.
- How are students graded? They don’t use A – F!
Not only are the most common questions covered, but there’s a separate document which provides parents with a wealth of questions to ask potential schools. If anything, it will help you determine what questions are important to you!
If you’re more of a visual person, there are diagrams which graphically show how the U.S. system “maps” to the Spanish system. This is critical because it shows the progression of one grade to another, and one school type to another.
Not only does this book provide you with useful information, but it also gives you resources to help you in your search for the perfect school for your child. I not only give you a fish, I teach you how to fish. Whoa – that’s deep!
What’s It Cost?
At $24.99, it’s a bargain! At just over 40¢ per page, it’s a steal. (For you math-challenged folks out there, it’s 62 pages! I distill our four years of experience into this handy guide which will help you understand the Ins and Outs of the schools in Spain.
If you’re interested in buying right now, then by all means:
If you’re still not convinced, then click here to read more!