Welcome to our Family Road Trip Page! We have been traveling for 3 years and during that time we have become experts at Trip Planning. We will share our tips with you and also the itineraries we have taken, all around the world. We have so much to share and hope you enjoy it all.
Whenever possible we like to provide you with a map and our road trip costs as well. These are only meant to be data points for you and please note that everyone has different travel styles and comfort levels. Prices can vary quite a bit based on time of year alone.
While our nomadic life of 10 months exploring Southeast Asia isn’t actually a traditional road trip with a car, it was a road trip of a lifetime! We used all means of transportation and enjoyed every bit of it!
Wagoners Abroad Family Road Trip Itineraries
- 1 Week Road Trip in Morocco – Marrakech and Essaouira
- Italy, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain our 6 Week European Trip Plan – 2013
- 6 Week Summer Trip Europe – 2013 “The Reality” Italy, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain
- 1 week in Thailand – Chiang Mai to Myanmar Border
- Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore- Our plans for 10 Months in Southeast Asia
Other road trips
- one week in France Itinerary
- Here is Northern Italy road trip by the Global Debauchery a blog dedicated to the overindulgence of wanderlust
Family Road Trip 2016 Spain & France
- An Epic 8 week Summer Road Trip in Europe!
- The 8 Week Road Trip in Spain & France Has Started!
- Alcudia Mallorca Things To Do With Kids
- 7 Things To Do In Valencia With Kids
- 17 Things To Do In Salamanca With Kids
- This Will Make You Want To Visit Galicia Spain!
- It’s Time To Visit Asturias, Get A Taste Of Northern Spain
- Double-Decker Santander Bus Tour
- 1 Wonderful Week of Rioja Wine in Northern Spain!
- When You Are Flat-Out Tired,1 Week In France
- 13 Fun Things To Do In Morzine France
- Fantasticable The Most Amazing Zipline Ever!
- An Amazing European Road Trip Winding Down Week 8
- Now It’s Time To Enjoy Some Montblanc French Wines
- Artisan Soaps In Spain – Naturalmente Mediterraneo
- From Luxury to Misery, 8 Weeks of Accommodation
- The Wonderful 8 Week European Road Trip Cost
- 8 Week Road Trip Playlist – Make Memories With Music
We share our Costs
- 6 week European Road Trip Costs
- Costs for our 3 1/2 week Road Trip in Europe – France, Belgium and Netherlands
- The Wonderful 8 Week European Road Trip Cost
- Southeast Asia Nomadic Trip Costs
Practical Driving Tips
- Driving in Spain
- Driving in Morocco
- Driving in Portugal
- Driving in Europe
- Driving in Thailand
- Renting a car in Thailand
- Renting a car in Malaysia
Road Trips Aren’t Just With Cars
Okay, maybe officially a road trip is with the use of a car on the road. We also consider moving around via public transportation a road trip as well.
Getting Around Spain or Europe
- Train – If you are wanting to explore Europe via train, Click here for Europe Rail deals.
- Bus – There are many options for comfort levels and bus options, you may click here to Discover Europe by Bus
Using public transportation in Europe
It is ver easy to make your way around Europe using trains, planes and buses. There are several different options for each mode of transportation. The best way to view all options is to check with Go Euro. They will seek out the best way for you to get from one place to another and then you may filter, but fastest, cheapest, shortest, and so on. You can look between the different modes of transportation and see which works best for your schedule. Click the image to begin your search.
- Car – Rental cars are very inexpensive from the Malaga Airport and many other locations in Spain (excluding high season in July/August). Do keep in mind that 90% of the rentals will be a stick shift (manual) and likely a small car. We always find the MPV to be the best deal for space, size, price. They hold 5 people and loads of luggage. We actually owned a Citroen Berlingo and loved it. We often rent via Gold Car, but have found many other rental car deals using Easy Car. We have rented a car for a few 28 day periods (not high season) for anywhere from €131 to €220 for the entire month! Check prices today and just click on the image below:
Places to Stay from Hostels to Luxury
- Places to Stay in Morocco
- 6 weeks of Accommodation on our Road Trip through Europe – Italy, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain
- You Must Experience A Holiday Park In Europe
- Places To Stay In Around The World
Trip Planning Tools & Games
- 11 Tips and Tools For The Road Trip Planner
- Are we there yet? 5 No-Prep Travel Games for your Family Road Trip!
Other resources for your Visit to Spain
Are you trying to figure out the best places to live in Spain?
Perhaps this will help you out.
Pin me for later!
Do you like Road Trips? Tell us your plans, share your stories.