The move is on
Our kids were born and raised in the same house in North Carolina until May 2012. 8 moves in 4 months:
- At that time we sold our home and moved into a temporary apartment in NC for 3 months, while waiting to get everything in order to move to Spain.
- We arrived in Barcelona Spain, each having a suitcase a large carry on back pack and a small day back pack. We stayed at a hotel for 2 nights and had to lug everything in from the car. As you will see, we did a rinse and repeat of this several times.
- Next we were off to Valencia. We stayed the first 2 nights in the outskirts of the city in a hotel. This way we were close to the small town of Buñol for La Tomatina.
- We then moved into Valencia city center and had a 1 bedroom apartment for 2 nights.
- Then the big drive to Almuñécar. Here we had a sea front 2 bedroom apartment, but we only lasted one night with no AC.
- The unplanned move back to a hotel for 2 nights occurred here. This allowed us time to locate another short-term apartment, while really searching for a long-term rental.
- Here we go again. Off to yet another place. This time it was for 10 nights! It almost felt like we could unpack, but we didn’t really.
- The final move (we hope) was to our long-term rental on September 14th. We had to move out of the short-term rental at 10am and we couldn’t move into our long-term rental until 8pm. The kids went to school and Alan and I tooled around all over the place. We did take a few pictures, which are attached. We will save the pictures of Old Town for another posting.