Notice: Undefined index: exclude_cat_ids in /home4/awagoner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/old-to-new-agoda-link-converter/agoda.php on line 180
Notice: Undefined index: disable_keyword_conversion in /home4/awagoner/public_html/wp-content/plugins/old-to-new-agoda-link-converter/agoda.php on line 198
We lived along the beautiful southern coast of Spain for nearly two years. It was in a small town named Almuñécar and we used this as our home base to explore more of Europe as well. We kept track of every expenditure along the way and have shared our cost of living in Spain with you. This page is a compilation of our expenses in Spain and how much it really cost for our family of 4 to live in Spain.
Of course as with any budget, expense or cost of living post, it will vary depending on location, family size and lifestyle. We do not promise you will find the same experience, but we think what we did is very possible for many. Of course that may mean giving up a clothes dryer, dishwasher and some modern conveniences as well, but it is all possible with budgets. Of course our budget is about $100 per day for a family of 4 (about $3000 a month). This is our budget if we are in a home base in Spain or traveling the world.
Do you want to know how much our cost of living in Spain was?
We share our budget details with you and will publish a quarterly update with actual vs planned as well.
- Check out our Budget in Spain & Reality for our first 4 months. A little higher on costs for getting settled.
- Things were on the right track for months 5-7 living in Spain.
- Cost of Living in Spain Budget – Actual Spend (Months 8,9 &10)
- Way Over the Monthly Budget! – Actual Spend (Months 11,12 &13)
- Our Budget And Actual Spend (Months 14,15 &16) – Living In Spain
- How Much Did It Cost To Live In Spain For 1 Year? (2013)
- Our Budget and Actual Spend (January – March 2014) – 3 Months Living In Spain
- Costs – 1 European Road Trip & 2 Months In Thailand
- Comparison of USA and Spain Cost Of Living (Show me the money $)
We hope all of this helps you in some way to plan your time in Spain. Of course you will make different choices than we did, but this is only meant as a guide. Just one data point from one family, whom you may have something or nothing in common with. I wouldn’t say one more or one less person would change your costs dramatically. If you are just a couple or family of 8, you know your spending habits. You can compare and make adjustments as needed.
Please feel free to review our info on the cost of living in Spain posts below. Feel free to ask us questions and make comments.