Do you love cats?
We have the purrrfect thing for you to do in Chiang Mai. Visit a cat cafe!
My mom, my brother and I went to this really cool place! It was a cat cafe and it was really awesome! Some of our friends, that live in the building next to us, invited us to join them. It is fun hanging out with Sabrina and all of our other friends.
Arriving at the Cat Cafe
When you get there, you have to wash your hands, take off your shoes outside. Then they give you some hand sanitizer, right when you walk in the door. In the cat cafe there had to be at least 12 cats and kittens.
The little kittens were adorable and they wore t-shirts!
Most of the cats look different, but a couple of them look the same. If you get confused, they have a little chart up on the wall with all of their names.
What I thought was cool was that they have toys everywhere. You can choose any of the toys and play with them whenever you want. Most of the cats loved cuddling and playing with the toys. Some of the cats just sleep all day and others just want to be left alone.
Now my favorite cat was Boba. Boba was a little kitten with one of the cutest t-shirts on. He slept on my lap for a really long time. Boba had red and orange stripes and the fluffiest ears ever!
It was really nice hanging out with all of the cats and kittens. I don’t have one since we are traveling. It made me really happy just listening to Boba purr, when he was sleeping on my lap.
What made it even better, was that I met someone new. She was the type of someone who is exactly like me and her name was Anja!
Yes it was Anja!
She’s from Germany and her personalty was the same as mine. She is bubbly, talks a lot and really fun. That was super cool meeting another Anja. She was the first other Anja I have ever met! Even though she spells her name with a “J” and I spell mine with a “Y”, it sounds the same.
Right as we were about to leave, they played a slow song on the radio. I got up, with Boba, and started swaying. I would love to go back again and take some of our friends.
Cat Cafe Tips:
- If you do go there I would recommend getting there early, because if you don’t you will have to wait outside.
- All of the seats are on the ground, so you will probably have a huge butt ache after (I think it is worth the butt ache)!
- Each person does need to buy something, from the cafe to keep your seat, so that can get expensive. Mom bought us a brownie and french fries and she had a coffee. Each one was almost $3.
Make sure you check out the Adventures with Anya video!
Catmosphere Cat cafe website
- Closed on Monday, Open 10-9 Tuesday – Sunday
- Phone:+66 92 273 1011
- Huaykaew Rd, Chang Phueak, Mueang Chiang Mai District,
Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
- Between Maya Mall and the Zoo.